State College, PA
At Skills of Central PA, Human Resources (HR) is focused on understanding what our employees need and knowing how to provide it. We are in search of a qualified and resourceful Human Resources Benefits Administrator to support our HR Department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The perfect candidate will have the “right” combination of compassion, desire to help others and drive to work in a collaborative team environment, focused primarily on employee welfare benefits administration.
The HR Benefits Administrator position is full-time and will be located at the Corporate Office in State College, PA, working primarily Monday through Friday 8am-4pm, with some flexibility required. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources. Skills of Central PA is a premier health and human services organization. At Skills, we strive to help people living with behavioral health, intellectual or developmental challenges to overcome adversity, promote choice, encourage recovery, and give support when the people we work with need it the most - and this starts with hiring the right HR professionals.
POSITION PURPOSE AND GENERAL SUMMARY
Assists the Senior Director of Human Resources to develop all benefits programs. Responsible for implementation, administration, and maintenance of benefits programs, policies, and procedures to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account programs, health savings account program, 401(k) and 403(b) retirement plans and others as applicable. Ensures programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective. Develops benefits communications and counsels employees on benefits related issues. Evaluates existing benefits programs against peer organizations to determine competitiveness, trends and developments.
BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs job assignments with attention to, and in compliance with, the Skills mission, values, and ethics, and with a positive attitude; cooperates with others inside and outside the organization.
2. Communicates in an appropriate and professional manner with others inside and outside the organization; maintains a high level of dependability to include attendance at work and punctuality.
3. Keeps sensitive information relative to the organization, employees, and/or the people we support confidential and adheres to the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
4. Completes mandatory orientation program and annual training programs; completes applicable attendance documentation; shares newly acquired information with fellow employees; attends and participates in applicable meetings, committees, and/or ad hoc work groups.
5. Performs assignments in accordance with the organization’s safety and health program; reports safety/health hazards or violations of safety/health policies to assigned supervisor.
6. Uses, maintains, and safeguards equipment, supplies, financial resources, etc. in an appropriate manner and in the best interest of the organization; reports needed equipment repairs.
7. Maintains appropriate professional dress in accordance with company and department
standards and acceptable practices.
8. Must be alert, aware and agile.
9. Performs other similar and related duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
DISCLAIMER –BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
This job description is not intended to list all of the duties to be performed. Any employee who has a disability is expected to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions are all of those duties listed in this job description with the exception of those considered universal to the organization. All job duties must be performed in accordance with established safety and health procedures.
SPECIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
© 2020 Human Resource Management Association of Blair County301 Union Avenue #326Altoona, PA 16602