Supervised by Director of HR
Supervision provided to This position has no supervisory responsibility.
***This position could be located in either our Duncansville, PA or Memphis, TN location.***
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the company’s HRIS system, compile and record employee time and payroll data and maintains electronic personnel records. The responsibilities of this position include: Managing and updating the company HRIS with changing business needs, payroll processing, electronic records maintenance, and report preparation and analysis..
1. Prepare payroll data for HRIS processing. Review time sheets and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies. Compute wages and deductions and enter data into computer.
2. Analyze, track and administer payroll-related compensation items such as longevity bonuses, retention differentials, shift differentials, and retroactive payments of raises.
3. Review quarterly earnings and tax reporting.
4. Review employee timecards for exceptions, missed punches, no hours, paid breaks, etc.
5. Process Merchandise Transfer file and upload into HRIS for payroll processing. Email statements & invoices to employees.
6. Process pay/hour adjustments, benefit deductions, and miscellaneous reimbursements in HRIS.
7. Review changes, total hours, new hires and terminations for calculating and submit payroll for payment.
8. Sort paychecks, verify payroll report totals, complete payroll spreadsheet, and 401(k) validation.
9. Issue and record adjustments to pay related to errors or retroactive increases.
10. Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues and benefit plans.
11. Track and reconcile paid time off in UKG.
12. Prepare and balance period end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to account balances, such as: quarterly/annual payroll taxes, and W-2 processing.
13. Work with Finance and other departments to prepare payroll budget data and assist with the annual preparation of the payroll budget for all departments.
14. Handle employment verifications, unemployment claims and other information for authorized persons and organizations.
15. Process, verify and maintain personnel related documentation in HRIS system, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications and employee leaves of absence.
16. Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
17. Assist with maintaining and updating HR documents (organizational charts, employee handbooks, directories, etc.)
18. Manage the HR HelpDesk; assign tickets as needed, address issues submitted, and confirm resolution of employee requests.
19. Assist with analysis of compensation policies, government regulations and prevailing wage rates to develop competitive compensation plan, paid time off policies and benefit plans.
20. Assist with development of detailed job descriptions and classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
21. Assist with pre-employment process (screening, interviewing, background and drug screening).
22. Asist with the quarterly background and drug testing process including the random selection of employees for testing and entry of employees in the background screening provider website.
23. Work with the HR Team to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
24. Work with the HR Team to design, implement, and manage the employee event programs such as employee mixers, Family Values, and various luncheons throughout the year.
25. Assist with special projects (employee recognition, charitable contributions, etc.).
This position operates in a quiet office environment and receives periodic supervision.
Written and oral communication proficiency, presentation skills, detail orientation, organizational skill, adaptability, problem solving skills, ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure in a fast-paced environment, handle hostile situations, proficiency in computer programs (HRIS, MS Office 365, Microsoft Teams.), calculator, training ability, customer service skill, telephone and cell phone skills, knowledge of HR laws and regulations, and payroll processes.
Physical demands typical of this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, cell phone and telephone or other office equipment. Perform repetitive activities and frequently work under stress. Requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures and view a computer screen, as well as mental concentration. May require occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
May require work-related travel for training or to other facilities.
Required Education and Experience
3-5 years of experience in payroll and HR
3-5 years of HRIS experience
Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
Employee Relations experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree in HR or related field
UKG Pro/Ultipro experience
SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification
Security Clearance/Background Check
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
3-5 years: HRIS experience. UKG Pro/Ultipro experience highly desired
3-5 years: Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
© 2020 Human Resource Management Association of Blair County301 Union Avenue #326Altoona, PA 16602